- Linux Overview
- Differences between Linux and Windows Operating System
- History of Linux Operating System
- Linux Distributions
- Linux Graphics User Interface (GUI)
- Red Hat Linux installation
- Administration of Linux GUI Environment
- Linux File System
- Basic Linux commands
- Creation of Directories & Files using GUI and CLI
- Creating User Accounts, Groups, Permission using GNOME and CLI
- Introduction to networking over Linux OS
- Connecting Linux to another Linux using NFS
- Setting up a LAN with Red Hat Linux and windows
- Connecting Linux and Windows Operating System using SAMBA
- Virtualization over Linux Operating System
Linux COURSE OVERVIEW
At the level of big networks and internetworks, some experts believe that it is no longer reliable to work with small Operating Systems like we did with LANs. For reliability and security purposes among many reasons, big networks often use ‘big’ Operating Systems such as UNIX and Linux (GSM ‘servers’, called MSCs, use UNIX).
In this course, we shall use Linux Operating System to give you a detailed insight into how Servers are configured and how they work with big Operating Systems. This course will particularly be of interest for persons who would like to work as Switch Engineer for telecom operators.
A major issue with big networks is SECURITY. Deliberate measures must be taken, both within the operating system and via the introduction of 3rd party software or hardware (called Firewalls) to ensure that only authorized persons have a pre-assigned level of access to network resources.
As simple as this may sound, it is a very complex issue and therefore is given a special place in in this course.
* Installing and configuring Local Area Network (wired)
* Virtualization and Cloud Computing
Linux CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Completing and mastering this training will qualify you to work in small/medium organisations in any of these positions:
- System Administrator
- Network Management Center Engineer
- Unix/Linux Administrator
The training also prepares you to take the following certifications:
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCT